The Copperopolis Community Food Pantry (CCFP) has been serving low-income families in Copperopolis since 2002. It is an all-volunteer organization run by a board of directors and funded only by donations. We are affiliated with Feeding America through The Resource Connection (TRC) food bank in San Andreas. Our goal is to feed any family in Copperopolis that is having hardship and needs food. Statistics from Feeding America say one of every four children in America go to bed hungry. We serve between 50-65 families each month, giving us an average of over 200 people in Copperopolis receiving food from our pantry. These include seniors, children, female head of household, military veterans and all ethnic groups. We have seen an increase in multi-generational families living together. Many of our families are either unemployed or under-employed, meaning their salaries or benefits are inadequate to cover food, housing, utilities, etc..
"OUR BIBLICAL MISSION STATEMENT"
Matthew 25: 35 - 40
Our Lord and Savior is speaking:
35) 'for I was hungry and you gave me food; I was thirsty and you gave drink; I was a stranger and you took Me in;
36) 'I was naked and you clothed Me; I was sick and you visited Me; I was in prison and you came to Me.'
37) "Then the righteous will answer Him, saying, "Lord, when did we see You hungry and feed You, or thirsty and give You drink?
38) 'When did we see You a stranger and take You in, or naked and clothe You?
39) 'Or when did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?
40) "And the King will answer and say to them, 'Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me.